We have 4 computer stations with free Internet access for the public. Use of the station can be reserved up to a week in advance. All users are restricted to ONE HALF HOUR (unless no one is waiting or signed up.
Requests to borrow materials from other libraries throughout the country can be made by an adult patron who has a library card. A small $3.00 fee is required when the item is picked up by the patron to cover the return postage costs.
The Cando Community Library is free to all city citizens. Out of town users will be charged as follows:
Annual Family Library Card: $25.00
Annual Individual Library Card: $15.00
* Books may be checked out for 2 weeks.
* Library patrons may have five books checked out on their card at any one time. "New Book" limit is 1 for adults and 2-3 for children.
Check of Limits
* Most materials may be renewed once for two (2) additional weeks.
* Patrons may renew materials over the phone. (It helps to have the item(s) in hand when you call. )
* If an item is on a waiting list for another patron, it can not be renewed.
A one week grace period will be allowed before fines will be charged. After that a fine of $0.50 per week will be assessed per item. Damaged books will be reimbursed by patrons at replacement cost. Patrons will not be allowed to check out books if overdue fines are owed.
If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope that you enjoy your adventure at the library.